PHP Framework is a platform that allows you to develop web applications using PHP. It provides a basic structure to develop your web application by providing Rapid Application Development (RAD) facility. It also helps in saving a lot of time as you do not need to produce a repeating code to make your application. Frameworks are very beneficial for beginners because they provide them with a platform to create stable codes by providing easy database connectivity and more features.
Since the development of PHP is becoming more popular, the demand for developers has increased, and companies hire PHP developers to develop their applications. In this article, we are going to help you find the best PHP framework for your development work, acquainting you with five of the top choices.
What is PHP
PHP is a server-side scripting language and used to develop static websites, dynamic websites or web applications. PHP Hypertext is for pre-processor, which was for the first home page. Its scripts can only be interpreted on the server in which PHP is installed. The client computer that accesses PHP scripts only requires a web browser. Its file contains PHP tags and the extension ends with “.php”.
PHP means – personalized home page, but it now stands for the recurring backronym PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor. Its code can be inserted in HTML code, or it can be used in conjunction with different web template systems, web content management systems, and web frameworks. PHP7 recently launched and it is the next stable version after PHP 5.6. If you want to learn more about PHP 7 than you should read this article. There are many features:
- It is open source and free. And there is also a short learning curve compared to other languages such as JSP, ASP, etc.
- It has a large community document.
- Most web hosting servers by default support PHP as opposed to other languages such as ASP that require IIS. This makes PHP a cost-effective alternative.
- It is regular to update regularly with the latest technology trends.
What is PHP Framework
A PHP framework refers to a universal platform that allows us to develop web applications. In other words, this provides structure, using a framework, you will eliminate time-saving weight, stop the need to produce repeating codes, and you will be able to make applications faster (RAD). Without a framework in place, it is very difficult to produce applications because you have repeatedly many PHP codes to execute the connection between your database and any application you develop from scratch. Will happen. In the meantime, using a framework makes it easy to configure.
The general idea behind the functioning of the PHP framework is called Model View Controller (MVC). There is an architectural pattern in MVC programming that separates business logic from the UI so that one can be isolated from one another (it is also known as the separation of concerns). With MVC, the model refers to the data, the view refers to the application layer or controller to the application or business logic. Basically, MVC breaks the development process of an application so you can work on individual elements while others are unaffected. Essentially, it makes coding faster and less complicated in PHP.
List of PHP Framework
- Zend framework
Launched in 2011, Laravel became the most popular free open-source PHP framework in the world. Why? Because it can handle complex web applications safely, faster than other settings. Laravel simplifies the development process by simplifying common tasks like routing, session, caching and authentication.
Laravel has many key features that make fast application development possible
- It has a huge ecosystem with immediate hosting and deployment platform.
- Its official website provides several Scratchtrap tutorials called Lark cast.
- Laravel has its own lightweight templating engine called “Blade”. This is an elegant syntax that facilitates frequent tasks, such as authentication, session, queue, caching and REST routing.
- Laravel also includes a local development environment called Homestead, which is a packaged veg box.
- Use a framework that boasts elegant syntax.
- Increase Laravel’s main functionality using add-ons.
- Integrate Laravel with platforms like third-party libraries and AWS.
- Run asynchronously in the background to improve performance.
Known for its small footprint (it’s about 2 MB in size, including documentation). And it’s about 10 years old (initial release in 2006). CodeIgniter is a PHP framework that is suitable for developing dynamic websites. It provides several prefabricated modules that help in the creation of strong and reusable components. If you want to avoid the PHP version conflict, this is an ideal choice, because it works well on almost all shared and dedicated hosting platforms (currently only requires PHP 5.2.4).
CodeIgniter has-many key features that make fast application development possible
- CodeIgniter is one of the oldest structures, but simple and powerful.
- It can be easily installed and also requires minimum user configuration.
- Models and views are optional, but controlling classes are very important. Another strength of CodeIgniter is speed.
- It runs faster with database functions compared to other settings. CodeIgniter is good documentation and PHP is a good framework for beginners to begin.
- Use a lightweight framework with display in mind
- Thanks for the simplicity and excellent documentation of the framework, start quickly
- Create scalable applications using MVC-based architecture.
If you are looking for a toolkit than CakePHP is simple and elegant, do not look forward. It has been in the list of top Best PHP framework for many years. Continuing at the beginning of the decade of 2000, the framework is still being improved by the community with confidence and consistent speed. It is one of the best ways to develop beautiful, feature-rich websites, allowing for fast build and proper class verification.
This is also the easiest way: CakePHP is built on the CRUD Framework (create, read, update, and delete). It has a really remarkable performance, it powers websites of big brands such as BMW, Hyundai, and Express. As it has always been able to maintain with time.
The latest version, CakePHP 3.8, enhanced session management, improved and improved the ability to decode multiple components and create more standalone libraries.
CakePHP has many key features that make fast application development possible
- It brings speed, reliability, and security.
- Take advantage of a comprehensive set of components.
- Use CakePHP conventions to quickly project projects.
- To support it with the latest technology trends, the community of developers has a lot of support.
- It is a modern framework and is well suitable for business web applications.
- This is an excellent tool for creating web applications, which requires high-level security because it has many built-in security features such as input validation, SQL injection prevention, XSS (cross-site scripting) prevention, CSRF (Cross- Site request) forgery), and many others.
Symfony launched in 2005. And although it has been in existence for a long time other than the other framework of this list, it is a reliable and mature platform. Symfony is a comprehensive PHP MVC framework and only framework that is known to follow PHP web and web standards. Its components are used by popular content management systems like Drupal, OroCRM, and PHP Bulletin Board (PHPBB).
Due to the availability of reusable libraries and components, Symphony is the first choice for many developers. Using which you can accomplish various types of tasks such as authentication, templing, object configuration and more.
Symfony has many key features that make fast application development possible
- Apart from this, its ecosystem is largely supported by a highly active programming community and you have great online tutorials to get started.
- It is a perfect choice to develop large scale enterprise projects. It is easy to set up and configure on most platforms.
- One of its main features – It is a reusable PHP component. This database also claims engine-independence, and it is stable, most web comply with best practices and design patterns, and allows other vendor libraries to integrate.
- Symfony also very flexible and integrated with big projects like Drupal. There are many common and unique features in Symphony and Larval, which makes it hard to say which of these settings is better.
5. Zend framework
Zend Framework is a robust and stable best PHP Framework that is pack with a lot of configuration options, so it is not generally recommended for small projects but it is excellent for more complex people. It is a partner like IBM, Microsoft, Google, and Adobe. Incoming major release, Zend Framework 3 optimized for PHP 7, but still support PHP 5.5.
Zend Framework has created with Agile functionality which allows Enterprise Clients to offer high-quality applications. Still, the Zend Framework considered one of the most difficult frameworks to learn, especially if you are a beginner.
Zend Framework has many key features that make fast application development possible
- It offers highly customizable capability and stands with PHP’s top practices, which are highly beneficial for developers who want to include project-specific tasks.
- Zend Pack has easy access to drag and drop editors, coding tools, online debugging tools and useful scalable interfaces for complex websites.
- It builts on tight functionality, which helps you to give high-quality applications to enterprise clients.
- Zend Framework is an excellent fit for complex, enterprise-level projects. It is a preferred framework for large IT departments and banks.
- Some of the key features include MVC components, simple cloud APIs, data encryption and session management.
- It can integrate with external libraries, and you can only use the components you want.
Which PHP framework is best for you?
Your choice of the best PHP Framework depends on the project, along with the amount of time on your hands, as well as the preferences of your developers.
There are so many programming languages that you can use, but talking about server-side scripting, PHP is still the top choice. However, if you are a PHP supporter, then it will take a lot of time to code all the parts for each new project you have prepared. If you choose the best PHP Framework for your needs, then you can skip a lot of groundwork and get straight to the fun part of developing a new project.
As such, the best PHP Framework for using depends on various factors such as decision protection, ease of use, scalability, documentation, and more. Therefore, start understanding the requirements of a project or application that you want to develop. Then, choose the best PHP Framework from this list. You can not be wrong.
On the other hand, if you are looking for a WordPress Website than Delegate Studio offers a Ready Made Website. With WordPress Managed Hosting, Top-level Domain. Also Elementor Pro Website Builder, Jet Pack Pro Plugin, SSL Installation, Security Setup and 24/7 support. Our web hosting platforms periodically monitored and updated for the latest available versions of PHP and MySQL.