Do you want to create an eCommerce store on your website? Not sure which WordPress eCommerce plugin you should go with? You are not alone! WordPress has often been the platform of choice for many businesses that are starting to build their own online stores. Part of this is due to the extensive plugins that WordPress has to offer.
If you feel like it or not, choosing the right eCommerce plugin for your WordPress website is absolutely critical for your business if you want to create more opportunities for growth and profit. WordPress is the most popular and robust content management platform online. There are tons of WordPress eCommerce plugins to boost your sales, marketing, and customer support efforts. In this article, we will compare the best WordPress eCommerce plugins on the market.
Table of Contents
The Features That You Should Look For In A WordPress Plugins
A quick search for an eCommerce plugin on WordPress will get you hundreds of results. For beginners and new website owners, it can try to find the right plugin for your website. Here’s the thing, there is no such thing as a perfect plugin because some may have the necessary features that you want while others may not.
For example, if your website primarily sells digital goods such as music, podcasts, digital eBooks, etc. You may need an eCommerce plugin that is specialized in selling digital products. Conversely, if you are selling physical goods, you need an e-commerce plugin that includes features such as shipping and inventory management.
Other factors that need to be considered are plugins that by default support payment gateways and have the ability to add more. You also need to check if the e-commerce plugin comes with a WordPress theme that is compatible with each other. Basically, you need to know that the focus of your online business will be to know what features and plugins you need to install.
Features you should Look
Let’s take a look at some factors that you need to consider in choosing the right WordPress eCommerce plugin.
- Ease of use: Whether you want to add a product, create a coupon, or do some other task, an easy-to-use interface makes it easy and simple. This way you do not have to waste time in your WordPress dashboard on how to do this.
- Support: Before choosing an eCommerce platform, you need to check if the plugin is constantly updated and maintained.
- Addon Options: It is in your best interest to choose an e-commerce plugin that has a wide selection of addon / supported plugins.
- Overhead Cost: WordPress is so flexible that it allows you to integrate hosted eCommerce platforms into your WordPress site. If you do not want to spend resources on optimizing your WordPress eCommerce store then a hosted platform may be a good option for you. In other words, a hosted platform can help reduce overhead costs.
- Payment Solutions: Your eCommerce plugin should have support for your preferred payment gateway by default or through extensions.
- Design and Customization: The design of your store is your customer’s first interaction with your business. Make sure lots of templates and easy customization options are available
Best WordPress eCommerce Plugins For An Amazing Store
- WooCommerce Plugin
- BigCommerce WordPress Plugin
- Cart66 Ecommerce WordPress Plugin
- WP eCommerce
- JigoShop Ecommerce Plugin
- MarketPress – WordPress eCommerce
- Easy Digital Downloads
- WP EasyCart
- Shopify Lite
A WordPress theme will give you a good starting point, but you will also need plugins to automate and streamline eCommerce functionality required for the sale of your physical product, digital content, subscription, or service.
Now that you know how to choose the right WordPress eCommerce plugins, let’s take a look at the best WordPress eCommerce plugins available:
1. WooCommerce Plugin – Best WordPress eCommerce Plugins
WooCommerce plugin is the most popular WordPress eCommerce plugin. It is also the most popular eCommerce platform in the world. WooCommerce was acquired in 2015 by Automattic (the company behind the WordPress.com blog hosting service). It has accumulated over 64 million downloads. Over 40% of all online stores are also built on WooCommerce.
A large number of addons and WordPress eCommerce themes are available for WooCommerce. He also has a passionate developer community behind it. With WooCommerce plugin, you can sell any type of physical or digital goods. This enables you to create recurring subscriptions, paid appointments, subscriptions, and more, so powering your eCommerce site will become much easier with this plugin.
Because WooCommerce is such a popular solution, it should come as no surprise to learn that it has a robust set of plugins and extensions specifically made for it. If you want to expand on what the WooCommerce plugin can do, be sure to spend some time looking for its extension. These are particularly helpful when it comes to payment portal integration, enabling your site to accept recurring subscriptions, and more
WooCommerce Store Pros
- You can add affiliate or external products to your site.
- Excellent documentation available online for WooCommerce.
- Social promotion is built-in
- Syncing multi-channel promotions is free
- Many Better Design Options
WooCommerce Store Cons
- WooCommerce is very easy to use, but the number of options accessible on the Settings page can be quite scary for a new user.
- There are a lot of Add-ons available for WooCommerce, sometimes a user may not get the right addon for the features they need.
2. Easy Digital Downloads – Best WordPress eCommerce Plugins
Easy Digital Download is another great option for managing your eCommerce website. This is the best way to sell digital products with WordPress. It was built as a lightweight plugin that comes with all the necessary features you need to sell digital products without any hassle. You can find dozens of extensions that enhance the functionality of your storefront and optimize it to your heart’s content.
The main difference between plugins like this and WooCommerce is that Easy Digital Download only works with digital content or services for sale. If you do not intend to sell physical goods in your store, WooCommerce’s bloated user interface is easy to tamper with. On the other hand, EDD is specifically designed to sell digital goods. This makes it easy to list your products and sell quickly and easily at your store.
If you are planning to sell digital products such as e-books, audiobooks and other PDF files, Easy Digital Download (EDD) may be the ideal WordPress eCommerce plugin for you. The great thing about EDD is that the core plugin is free to use, and once installed, you will have access to features such as customer management, discount codes, and shopping cart management.
EDD WordPress Plugin Pros
- Good for digital products
- Affiliate marketing integration
- Timely discount codes and promotions
- great support
- Extensions are expensive
- Pricing plans for plugins can go higher
- No advanced features for physical products
3. BigCommerce WordPress Plugin – Best WordPress eCommerce Plugins
BigCommerce is one of the top e-commerce platforms in the market for scalability. The figures speak for themselves; The average BigCommerce client claims a 28% year-over-year growth rate. Not only can you set up an online store, but you can also access many built-in features and data tools that help you grow your business. BigCommerce is best suited for business owners who already own either a large brand or a fast-growing e-commerce store.
BigCommerce is a fully hosted eCommerce platform that provides seamless integration with WordPress. This allows you to use a scalable eCommerce platform when using WordPress to manage your content and run your website. It has a powerful integration plugin for WordPress that makes it very easy to embed your products in WordPress. It automatically creates a sign in, cart, account and other important pages for you.
BigCommerce Store Pros
- Integrates real-time shipping rates
- Better Multi-Channel Sales
- Highly customizable
- Seamless control panel
- Easy checkout process
- Unlimited scalability
- Customized and AMP-ready
BigCommerce Store Cons
- Need to buy a BigCommerce plan
- No 1-click upsells
- Very new to the WordPress game
Ecwid stands for eCommerce Widget, a free WordPress eCommerce plugin that is easy to install, customize and easy to manage for all. It is highly flexible and customizable with additional features, it includes the purchase of paid versions that are of three types: enterprise, business and unlimited. It is a comprehensive and affordable eCommerce solution that includes web, mobile and social stores. Sell anytime, anywhere! While you’re on-the-go, Ecwid makes it easy to access and manage your store. Setting up your store is a piece of cake and it will help you along the way.
By installing Ecwid, you can start selling your products on a large scale whenever you want. It works with major carriers, such as FedEx, UPS, and automatically calculates shipping costs for each product. Taxes available for VAT in Canada, the United States, and the European Union are calculated automatically. It is very easy to set up a simple store with the Equid plugin. It also has an onboarding checklist, which helps first-time people know the essential things they need to do. 50+ languages are available.
Ecwid Plugin Pros
- Easily control your store from anywhere on any device
- Over 40 secure payment options
- Built-in real-time shipping rates
- Free plan for simple shops
- Provides a beautiful installation process and interface,
- Integrated with most website builders and content management systems
Ecwid Plugin Cons
- Phone support is only available on top-tier plans
- A free plan is very restricted
- A limited number of extensions
5. Cart66 Ecommerce WordPress Plugin
Cart66 eCommerce WordPress plugin itself as an all-inclusive plugin. It tries to show the variety of apps you want to plugin. As a result, several options are implicit. It integrates with stock administration, tax calculation, and Google eCommerce analytics and over 100 fee gateways.
You can possibly promote physical business, digital information, organize for donations, and promote membership properly. Additionally, there is a recurring billing feature to boost membership. For those who want to promote an on-line program, you will benefit from the content restriction promoting the feature. With this, you enable customers to enter more and more modules in your course until they have paid extra.
For transportation, you can possibly set your own charges or use real-time transportation. It integrates with FedEx and USPS with multiple 3PLs. However, to use this feature, you want an EasyPost account. Although the plugin is free, you will get additional options from the premium model in $ 99/12 months. Drip is a type of advertising automation such as email and coupons. You can possibly create a list of segments and set time-limit emails from the dashboard, without using extensions
- Many features built-in for free
- Excellent Value for Digital Products
- Email marketing from Cart66 is more robust than some competitors.
- Cart66 has support for both physical and digital products
- Provides more than 100 built-in payment gateways
- No extension store for not built-in features
- It seems to be on its way
6. WP EasyCart
WP EasyCart is designed for small business owners who want to create a beautiful online store without any training. The store will still run on WordPress, but it offers a surprisingly fast configuration process and the tools that make sense are meant only for those non-developers.
WP EasyCart is a powerful eCommerce plugin that allows you to easily install a shopping cart in an online shop. You can download software to manage your cart on your desktop, PC, Mac, iPad, and Android.
It supports over 30 payment gateways, multiple languages, and currencies, coupons and promotional systems. This plugin has also integrated Google Analytics to get accurate reports and create share buttons for each of its products.
WP EasyCart comes in three different shopping cart versions to cater to every need of an online store: free, professional and premium.
It integrates with the same tools that most small business users already use and love, such as QuickBooks and MailChimp. Many of the top WordPress eCommerce plugins mentioned here, you can use it to sell both digital and physical products.
WP EasyCart Pros
- Abandoned car auto-recovery
- Works with multiple business models
- Marketing and business tools available
WP EasyCart Cons
- 2% application fee for payment gateway
- No upsell / cross-sell
7. Shopify Lite
A native eCommerce plugin was used in Shopify but discontinued it. They now only have a buy button. With Shopify Lite, you can create custom storefront and sponsored content on any page or post on your site. In using the Buy Button and Extension Shopify Lite, you have access to the mobile POS app.
In addition, you can sell on Facebook. It can sync your two stores. You can control your Directory, marketing, analytics, channels, and products from the Shopify dashboard.
Along with the button, you also get an integrated dashboard with a tool that allows you to manage inventory and payments. For payment, you can use card / electronic payment or send an invoice. To process this, you either use one of the payment processors – Stripe, PayPal, or Square – which is offered by Shopify or use Shopify Payments.
Shopify Lite Pros
- Cost-effective for small business
- Slightly multichannel
- Marketing – Discount Code
Shopify Lite Cons
- Payment processing fee
- Coding knowledge required
8. WP eCommerce
WP eCommerce is one of the most commonly used WordPress eCommerce plugins for online stores. The free version is complete with all the features to create and manage an estore. The original WordPress eCommerce plugin, WP eCommerce has been helping people sell their products, services, subscriptions, and subscriptions online since 2006.
WP eCommerce is open-source and available for free, but has add-ons that will help provide your barbers with all the functionality you’ll ever need! It has features for cross-selling products. This can help you increase sales without much effort.
Advanced Shipping is packed with WP eCommerce. You can set your own shipping rates or get real-time rates from UPS and USPS. Some other providers such as FedEx are not included out of the box. You must get a paid extension. FedEx costs $ 99.
WP eCommerce Pros
- Marketing automation out of the box
- Real-time shipping rates from some providers
- No transaction fees and multiple processors
WP eCommerce Cons
- Issues with support
- Hardly updated
- Limited store expansion
9. JigoShop eCommerce Plugin
Jigoshop eCommerce Plugin is the first and oldest of the WordPress eCommerce Plugins. Dating back to 2011, Jigoshop was the brainchild of a UK-based company called Jigwat. The idea was to develop an open-source e-solution where a WordPress user could convert their blog into an online store. The Jigoshop eCommerce brand states that it is now one of the fastest and modern eCommerce plugins in the market.
Jigoshop eCommerce provides a complete set of solutions for any type of WordPress eCommerce store. It is supported by a team of professional developers, with many years of experience and is available at any time to give useful tips and tricks. This plugin is designed for all types of products: digital products, variable products (eg a product that has many different sizes or shapes), affiliate products, or bundled products.
The JigoShop eCommerce plugin is another solid option for your eCommerce website. It gives good inventory reports. When you will not accept any order, you can set your inventory amount and keep it at the limit level. It automatically tracks the amount of inventory and informs you that your product is about to reach that threshold level. Analytics is also included on your dashboard to display the store.
JigoShop WordPress Ecommerce Pros
- Great for casual shops
- The plugin supports digital, physical, variable, affiliate and grouped products.
- Optimized plugin for PHP 7+ server
- A large community of Jigoshop users and developers,
- Good customer support and active community
- Good inventory management
- No multi-channel sales
- No up / cross-sell
- You also pay for simple things
10. MarketPress – WordPress eCommerce
MarketPress has a system where extensions and applications are not used. What it has is good, but the lack of an extension store limits the features you get. It has 15 payment gateways including 2 Payout, Authorize.net, PayPal Changed Payments, PayPal Express Checkout, PayPal Payflow Pro and Striped. It also supports 120 different currencies. Advanced shipping options are available for using a table or weight rates in UPS, USPS, FedEx, and in-store pickups.
For inventory management, it sends stock tracking alerts, and you can see them all on your dashboard as well. When the product goes out of stock, it automatically hides from the product page. You can also choose that the product should be hidden from only a few guests. For marketing, related products are showcase, coupons, discounts, and sale pricing options.
- Advanced inventory management
- Multiple Payment Gateways
- Abbreviations to products of specific people
- Basic Marketing Options Available
- Sell physical or digital products.
- Tax and VAT settings are provided depending on where you live.
- Coupons, discounts, and associated settings are set right out of the box.
- No extension store
What Do You Need to Run an eCommerce Website?
E-commerce websites are resource-intensive, so you will first need the best WordPress hosting you can afford.
When you are building your website, there is a lot to do! Along with writing your HTML and CSS code, you need to test your website, buy hosting and domains, upload your files, and more. There are also optional things like Business Email address, SEO analytics, and support. The eCommerce plan comes with an SSL certificate that you have to securely collect payments from, dedicated IP, and a dedicated support line. They also install WooCommerce by default, which is the most powerful WordPress eCommerce plugin.
Therefore, A Ready-Made WordPress website is a complete solution of your business that allows you to have a professional-looking website without the need of hiring a website designer, developer and without the need for any coding or design experience. Once you have selected a website after that you can change the site color scheme, content, font style, page background, etc. All these are done right from the editor and there are no codes to tweak or write. And every Ready-Made website comes with Elementor pro website builders, so you can change according to your needs.
Even if your website is related to e-commerce development or any other kind, time is a major and valuable part of our present life. A readymade website is a widely used website customized by Delegate Studio according to user requirements. Ready-Made website includes Top-level domain, Managing Hosting, SSL certificate, Elementor Pro builder, on-page SEO, and 24/7 support.
After taking a look at all the above plugins, if you are thinking of building an eCommerce website but want to save some cash, then the best free eCommerce WordPress plugins are right down your street. It is difficult to choose the best WordPress eCommerce plugin and it all depends on your personal needs.
Using WordPress for your eCommerce site is a smart way to get your business up and running. Now that you know what WordPress eCommerce plugins work best for a simple store, which of them have you decided to use? If you are still confused, reach out in the comments.