Want more traffic to your site in 2020? Are you looking for the best WordPress SEO plugins and tools to increase your site’s search ranking? Then you have some options. Make a list of email subscribers, tweet, share on Facebook but don’t forget the search engines. It is free but you have to learn how to play the game. It takes time to understand how to improve the SEO ranking of your site.
SEO(Search engine optimization) is the process of optimizing your site’s presence on organic search engine results to increase traffic to your site. For any website, search engines are an extremely important source of organic traffic, leads, and customers. Since WordPress is widely known as an SEO friendly platform, you should use a properly optimized WordPress theme combined with a top SEO WordPress plugin to reclaim the real benefits of plugins. But with hundreds of SEO plugins available, it can seem like a daunting task to choose the best SEO plugin for WordPress.
Here, I have consolidated a list of 12 best SEO WordPress plugins for 2020-2021 that you can take to rank your choice.
Table of Contents
A list of Best SEO WordPress plugins to achieve Higher Rankings of your Website
- Yoast SEO
- Rank Math
- All in SEO Pack
- SEO Squirrly
- Broken Link Checker
- The SEO Framework
- SEO OPTIMIZED IMAGES
- All in One Schema Rich Snippets
- W3 Total Cache
If you are not using any other plugin for the same purpose then read the descriptions carefully to understand what the plugin does and how to use it.
After that you think any SEO WordPress plugins are missing from our list, let us know, and we’ll be happy to review them and possibly add them to our list.
Are you ready to get started?
1. Yoast SEO
WordPress SEO by Yoast is the most important and robust SEO plugin on WordPress for a reason. With over 5 million downloads, an average 4.7-star rating out of 5 reviews with thousands of reviews, Yoast SEO is undoubtedly one of the most popular SEO WordPress plugins available today. Apart from improving the SEO of your website in all aspects, this plugin goes the extra mile to take care of every technical optimization. It is equipped with a variety of features that make it an all-in-one SEO plugin. This single plugin looks of many aspects of your WordPress site SEO.
- Type in keywords and analyze how well you have optimized for those keywords on the page and post.
- See what your Google search engine result looks like. With this, you can adjust the meta description and title to be more attractive and to make the keyword richer.
- If you need to break paragraphs or add elements such as numbered lists or headers, a readability check is completed on all pages to make sense.
- The plugin detects if you place duplicate content in your page or post.
- Yoast has some of the best resources and support we’ve ever seen from a plugin developer.
- They also update the plugin every two weeks.
- The premium plugin offers a redirect manager, free support, content insights and an ad-free interface on the backend.
2. Rank Math
The Rank Math SEO plugin for WordPress is the only plugin that does everything related to on-page SEO. It is a complete package that comes with an on-page SEO analysis tool, Google Search Console integration, keyword recommendations, 404 Monitor, redirection module, and sitemap module.
It packs a ton of different functionality into a well-designed package, which helps explain why it is active on over 60,000 WordPress sites with a 4.9-star rating with over 400 votes. has gone. Like Yoast SEO, Rank Math helps you with the technical parts of SEO – viz. Setting your title and meta – as well as analysis and research.
- The user interface is very clean, and the options are easy to understand. And also Each post/page/ product runs through an SEO analysis tool based on 40 factors.
- This gives you the option to automatically add alt or title tags to images that are missing them.
- Rank Math comes with a 404 monitor that tells you where users see errors.
- It also comes with a redirection module that lets you pinpoint those 404 errors on your website for something more useful.
- The XML Sitemap module comes bundled with Rank Math, and the plugin automatically pings the search engine before making any changes to your post.
- Rich snippets support is included with an option to choose from 6 different types of snippets such as paragraphs, products, recipes, events, videos, local businesses and more.
- Breadcrumbs are also part of the plugin, so you don’t have to depend on any other plugin for that.
- Open Graph and Twitter card support bundled.
3. All in SEO Pack
Since its release in 2007, this WordPress plugin has been providing webmasters with easy to use solutions to many SEO related challenges. The All in One SEO Pack is the second largest name in the SEO WordPress plugin space after Yoast SEO. With a 4.4-star rating, it is active on over 2+ million WordPress sites.
This plugin has Google Analytics support, XML sitemap support, advanced canonical URLs, automatic post title optimization, automatic meta tag generation, and it automatically informs search engines about changes to your site. One of the best SEO plugins for WordPress, All in One SEO Pack also has advanced canonical URLs. If you change the content of your website, it automatically notifies the search engine. It provides SEO integration for e-commerce sites. And it helps in meta tag generation and more.
- The All in One SEO Pack supports Google Instant Mobile Pages making it an effective plugin for mobile search optimization.
- Canonical URLs are supported.
- You can create redirects from WordPress attachments in parent posts that complement the attachment page SEO.
- Whenever new changes occur on your site, you can automatically notify Google and Bing.
- The All in One SEO Pack comes with an inbuilt API that other plugins and themes can use to enhance their functionality.
- The All in One SEO Pack plugin is the only free plugin capable of SEO integration for eCommerce sites and also supports WooCommerce.
- It is compatible with PHP 7 and Non-Security is built into the plugin which makes it hack proof and safe for all sites.
- This plugin automatically optimizes post, page and custom post type titles for search engine rankings and generates meta tags automatically. It also helps you avoid duplicate content penalties.
4. SEO Squirrly
SEO Squirrly is an SEO WordPress plugin with an additional focus on research and analysis, one of the big things that make it unique compared to other SEO plugins. It is a free WordPress SEO plugin designed to help people who do not know much about SEO. This plugin helps you create high-quality content that is both SEO and human-friendly. It helps you improve your website’s Google ranking and also provides interesting content to your readers.
SEO Squirrly plugin is useful and one of the best SEO plugins for WordPress sites. It offers you optimize your content while writing or editing. SEO Squirrly plugin helps you find the right keywords and topics for SEO purposes. It helps you manage your content strategy. You can also get help on your eCommerce SEO strategy. It helps you manage information in the metadata.
- It provides you with copyright-free images that the user can use.
- The plugin helps you write high-quality content with the help of social intelligence with Inspiration Box.
- The SEO WordPress plugin lets you focus on your e-commerce SEO strategy with just a few clicks.
- The JSON-LD structure and squirrelly snippets help you define the way your website looks on Google.
- It helps you to create SEO content that is friendly to human readers.
- Primarily the plugin creates an XML sitemap of your site for Google and Bing.
- It provides you with email alerts when there is something that requires rapid attention to your WordPress site.
- The plugin has an Open Graph Generator that includes the OG protocol in your articles that allows you to preview videos and images while sharing posts and articles on Facebook.
5. Broken Link Checker
The Broken Link Checker monitors your blog posts and your entire website content looks for broken links and notifies you if one is found. Fixing broken links is not only important for user experience, but it is also important for SEO. This plugin has the option to notify you via WordPress dashboard or email.
Broken Link Checker is a free SEO WordPress plugin that checks your site content for broken links and helps you fix them. As you create more and more content every day, you rarely have time to review your old posts. This is where this plugin comes in handy. It checks your entire collection of published material and notifies you of broken links and lost images. However, the plugin can sometimes slow down your site because it is resource-intensive.
- You do not have to go to the post or page to break the link. All link modifications are done through the plugin’s primary page.
- The SEO WordPress plugin is an option for searching and filtering links.
- This is not only to find broken links in posts and pages. The plugin monitors comments, custom fields and more.
- The WordPress plugin not only detects broken links, but it also detects redirects, missing images, and links that are not working.
- An optional feature is to prevent search engines from following broken links on your site.
- When it detects broken images it notifies you via email or dashboard.
- You can edit a broken link directly from the plugin’s page, without physically updating every post.
- The plugin can be easily configured.
6. The SEO Framework
The SEO Framework is a lightweight and popular SEO WordPress plugin with a focus on performance and efficiency. It offers a modular approach that lets you keep things simple or add more advanced features like keyword analysis and monitoring.
The API is also open for advanced users to get their hands dirty. The plugin began as a project within the WPMUDEV community, but was eventually released to the public for free. The SEO Framework plugin is all inclusive, and it provides more advanced functionality with the help of extensions.
This plugin is ideal for both novice and experts looking for a reliable SEO( Search engine optimization) solution. It does not have any advertisements that can annoy most users. It contains short and hidden HTML comments that can be deactivated using filters or extensions. The plugin allows users to manually set different parameters for each page, post, term, and public CPT.]
- The SEO framework does not sell you anything. It matches all the essential features that you get in Yoast and All in One, but you don’t have to pay for extensions or premium features.
- The visual, color meter/scale provides a more user-friendly way to test whether your post is going to perform well on Google.
- It has a local SEO extension for companies that need to set and display important local business information.
- The comment spamming extension removes the need for additional plugins.
- Most of the SEO settings are prefabricated so that there is little to install after installing the plugin.
- While other plugins use focus keywords, the SEO framework focuses on the focus topic to encourage more natural writing, and due to the fact that Google sees synonyms for SERPs as the same thing.
SEOPress is another new SEO WordPress plugin that is gaining some steam. It comes in a free and premium version and can help with both technical SEO options and analysis/optimization of your content. Like others, you will get a new meta box for individual pieces of content, which will help you control the SEO title/description, as well as social media information. You can also manage redirects for individual posts, as well as implement Noindex, NoFlow, or other advanced options (such as Noimageindex).
SEOPress is one of the most feature plug-ins and marketers consider it one of the best SEO plugins for WordPress. This plugin can improve the SEO of your website, increase traffic and create XML sitemaps and navigation breadcrumbs. This enables you to control the page title and meta information. And it supports Google Analytics and allows you to edit your Robot.txt and htaccess files.
- No ads and your editor will see the meta box in the context of SEOPress. Same thing in the admin bar.
- This lets you add Google Analytics tracking to your site in seconds. You can exclude user roles by enabling tracking, setup custom dimensions, remarketing, demographics and interest reporting, track PDF, DOCX, XLSX, downloads, IP Anonymous, cross-domain tracking and more.
- Quick and easy Twitter meta tag and Facebook open graph data.
8. SEO Optimized Image
SEO Optimized Images WordPress plugin offers you to effectively add SEO friendly title attributes and Alt attributes to your images. When you install and activate the plugin, you must select the pattern you want and the plugin will automatically switch the title tag and alt tag without changing the database.
This plugin allows you to add image name, post category and title and full features of images in the title. But, images have more use than just inserting them into your content. You should also make sure that each is optimized, as it will improve your ranking, while also helping drive traffic through Google Images Search.
Images can make our content more interesting and increase visitor engagement. The image description is one of the best ranking factors for Google(Search engine). This plugin lets you automatically update all images to both existing and new updates with appropriate height and title tags. It does not create additional database entries, so it does not slow down your WordPress site. Combining this with Smush Image Compression and Optimization will make your website even lighter.
- This WordPress plugin gives you an effective way to include SEO friendly title attributes and Alt attributes for your images.
- It automatically switches the title tag and alt tag without changing the database.
- The plugin makes it easy for you to return your site to its original state that you did before activating the plugin.
- The WordPress plugin allows you to add an image name, post category and post title to the title and total attributes of the images.
9. All in One Schema Rich Snippets
Rich snippets enable you to increase the description of your website that appears on the results page of any search engine. Using the plugin, you can add fonts, colors, images, star ratings, pricing, author and many other details to make your site stand out from the crowd. It is a quick, efficient way to bring more visitors to your site by giving them a better, more professional presence in search results.
Rich snippets are visual search elements such as star rankings, images, and other important details that can capture the user attention by doing something different than regular search results. It is often used for eCommerce product page results and blog post reviews. Google enjoys rich snippets, as they do not capture all that intruder, yet are able to reveal valuable information to the user.
There is no built-in method for offering rich snippets with WordPress. But the All in One Scheme Rich Snippets plugin works for you. With the plugin, your search engine results are cut for the most important elements. Furthermore, users see everything from photos to star ratings to author avatars.
- Google search provides more visual structure for users. Google likes this and so does users.
- The plugin supports a wide variety of content including events, reviews, people, products, recipes, and videos. So, for example, a recipe may have a star rating, number of reviews, and a picture of the food.
- It is easy to share your search results on Facebook because the appropriate information is already compiled.
10. W3 Total Cache
Website speed is something that both Google and marketers take very seriously. The W3 Total Cache plugin helps maintain and maintain significant amounts of traffic without crashing a site. This plugin increase both the SEO and user experience of your site by reducing download time as well as site performance through CDN (Content Delivery Network) integration.
- It has Transparent CDN management with theme files, media library, and WordPress
- Dedicated server / virtual private, compatible with dedicated cluster/server and shared hosting
- Quick mobile page support
- SSL (Secure Socket Layer) Support
- Caching of memory in CDN or on disk
- Caching of fragments on disk or in memory
SEO seems very tedious and complicated when you don’t have the right tools in your favor, but with the right plugins, it’s a lot easier than you might think. Choose one of the plugins above to start today, and you will be well on your way to a higher ranking.
There are lots of SEO WordPress plugins available on the web. The above 10 plugins fall under the most commonly used category and are capable of resolving most issues that are experienced by webmasters. If you are using several important plugins simultaneously, there will be a possibility to slow down your site speed. Ideally, you should deactivate plugins that you don’t use repeatedly and reactivate them as needed.
However, if you are looking for a WordPress Website with Best SEO WordPress plugin Rank Math to achieve Higher Rankings of your Website. Then you must go for Ready-Made WordPress Website powered by Delegate Studio. ReadyMade Website includes Top-level Domain, Managed Hosting, SSL certificate, Website Builder, On-Page SEO, and 24/7 Support.