Welcome to the wonderful world of WordPress! It is the most popular website platform in the world and our goal is that help for Its users understand what is WordPress really, what it does, and what it can be used for…. the one thing we hope that you will understand a lot more.
Table of Contents
What is WordPress
It is an open-source software that you can use to create a beautiful website or blog. This can be the easiest, most flexible blogging and website content management system (CMS) for beginners. Go straight to the point, then It is a content management system (CMS). Although it was a matter of ten years (10 years ago) when that was just a blogging platform. Today, apart from blogging, you can use WordPress to create and run powerful websites of all beginners.
It is a software script built on PHP, MySQL and licensed under the GPL. CMS has been built with the best code standards to make it faster and impermeable in terms of security. In order to update the platform regularly, sealed security holes along with improvements in the code are also received. It is the most popular CMS available today. Approximately 32.5 percent of all websites – which are almost two billion at the time of writing – run on it, which works in more than 50 percent of the entire CMS market.
It has gained rapid popularity, and it has become one of the best and most used software solutions for building and managing a website or blog. Today, It caters both beginners and professionals; It can help you do something about a hobby, a full-blown career or something in between.
Difference between WordPress.org and WordPress.com
It is a self-hosted version, fully customizable and can be used almost anything”.
Is that site where you can download WP and also create a group of free themes and plugins. If you want to run WP on your own web hosting account, you will use it. When you use this version, you have complete control over the design and functionality of your website. Plugins are small, but they make a big difference! They add the desired functionality to your site, make your site more customized and user-friendly.
As is discussed, creating a website with WordPress.org is possible only if you pay a web hosting service provider. By all means, there is a big difference between WordPress.org and WordPress.com. If you can use your custom domain name when creating a website using a Self-Hosted site. You do not have to compromise with an independent subdomain (WordPress.com). And you know well how important it is to have a custom domain name to create your virtual identity or brand reputation.
WordPress.com is the hosted version. This means that your website runs on the official server. You can go there now and in a few minutes, you can create a website for free. Yes, you get a free blog, but with the help of WP at WordPress.org, these features are relatively limited and less flexible. WordPress.com will provide you a .wordpress.com subdomain, but you have to pay for a personal domain that you need.
There are some limitations of its site, You do not have access to thousands of themes available. You can not install plugins on your WordPress.com site which is one power of using WP. You can not use custom themes on them. Above all, you are limited in the context of monetization. You can not use advertising platforms such as Google Adsense on your WordPress.com site to earn money from this.
There are several reasons that WP is a great option for your website.
- Is Free And Open Source – It is open-source which means that you can download and use WP software for free. Hundreds of volunteers worldwide are constantly developing and improving WordPress software.
- Easy to use – Every time you want to make a small change to your website, instead of hiring web designers, you can easily manage and update your own content … By using the original formatting tool you can do with ease.
- Tons of Plugins- Plugins assign a way to add functionality to almost any WP theme. There are more than 42,000 plugins in the WordPress repository and thousands of premium plugins are available from external sources. There are more than 35,000 plugins in the WP repository and thousands of premium plugins are available from external sources. Plugins can cover almost everything you can imagine, by adding a photo gallery, by the ability to create a full eCommerce store to improve your SEO.
- Extensible – With thousands of free and premium themes, plugins, add-ons, and widgets at your disposal, nothing is stopping you from creating a website out of your dreams. That is not its end. You can build blog networks, news sites, magazines, arcades, review sites and more. And since it is free software, you can modify the source code to create any web application you want.
- Easy To Install- You can launch a basic WP website in a few minutes. While they have “famous 5-minute installs” in WordPress.org, most of the hosting companies have pushed the process down to move only a few mouse clicks. If you are a small business, it is possible to run and run a very basic WordPress site on weekends.
- Flexible- It is the best CMS because it is a flexible framework for many users which allows beginners, designers, and developers to create and modify layouts and applications. Connect with user-generated extensions, websites are no longer limited by enterprise extensions. We have already touched it, but It is great because it helps you to make any kind of website. Better yet, your website can also grow with you.
- Scalable- You can create a simple blog for family, launch a multi-million dollar e-store, create news sites such as Time, or build a popular social network. Even if your website growing ten times a Hundred times more!. I do not have to face any person who has dropped WP because of the scalability issue. It is highly flexible and scalable, and no one else has to explain it to you otherwise.
- SEO-friendly– The site can be set up and run in a few minutes without any technical expertise. All user requires a domain name and a hosting account. It can be installed for free through the hosting provider or can be upload directly from them. From there, all the features need to customize the key features like heading and layout of the site for easy and easy management for the admin dashboard and start creating pages and posts immediately.
What kind of website can you create with WP
Not only is there a large number of WP power business sites and blogs, but it’s also the most popular way to create an eCommerce store! Due to the fact that WordPress is independent and an open-source CMS, it allows anyone to improve and edit their code to their liking. It also has thousands of free plugins, themes, widgets, and other tools.
All these features allow you to create any type of website, starting from a simple blog, Business websites, eCommerce Store, The blog, Departments, To start Forum, Social network, Membership site, etc. and a lot more you can dream.
Who made WordPress and how long did it stay around?
It was built in 2003 as a standalone project. If we want to get back to the roots of WP, its original composition was a collaboration between Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little.
Since then, Matt Mullenweg has largely become the head of WP. And he is also the founder of Automat, which is the company behind for-profit WordPress.com service. But it is enough to say, It has moved forward and thanks to its contributors and a vast community, developed in the most popular solution to build any kind of website. Its history starts as a blog platform in 2003, and until today is a long time.
Who Uses WP?
Many famous blogs, news sites, music sites, business companies, individuals, big businesses, celebrity and many more are using it. On the immediate note, we use it… So the site you are currently viewing is power by WordPress.
If you are ever curious about who uses WP on the WP site showcase, you will be impressed by the number of famous sites (Whitehouse.gov, Microsoft, The Rolling Stones) that use WP and the number of famous people to give power to your websites.
How does WP Work?
It’s not rocket science to hold on to your work. It is really quite simple. To start using WP, first of all, you will download the software, install it on the webserver, connect it to the database, and then start publishing your content on the web. It may look complicated, but the whole process takes about 5 minutes. And once installed, it enables you to publish content and use a simple, web-based editor to create your own website. There is also a hosted version on WordPress.com that allows you to create a new WordPress-powered website in just a few seconds.
The new version of WordPress 5.0 is a couple with advance features to give you a full working website.
WordPress has become the most popular platform for developers and beginners. WordPress does not be in need of PHP and HTML knowledge just like Drupal, Joomla or Typo3. A pre-installed plugin and template function allows them to install very easily. All you have to do is choose a plugin or template. There are many reasons for this, and we have mentioned some of them in this article. If you decide to start your new website with WordPress, stay with us and Delegate Studio help you at every step in your new adventure. Delegate Studio comes with a Ready-Made WordPress website which includes domain, Managed Hosting, SSL certificate, Website Builder, Website installation, plugin installation, and support.