Before setting up a business, the most important aspect is to choose the ideal platform. As they say – a well-introduce job is half done. Completely comparing WordPress vs Jimmo vs Squarespace will help make the most important decisions that will make your business scalable in the long run. While this is a good news, it also brings the question of what website builder platform should you use?
There are many platforms with different types of features, options, and capabilities. How do you know what would be the best option for you? This was the question that caused this mega comparative post of WordPress Vs Jimdo Vs Squarespace. In last comparison which we cover up other three popular website builders WordPress vs Wix vs Weebly, you can check it out if you want to know these comparisons. In today’s post, I am going to look deep into each of these platforms and find out which one is best for you.
Are you ready let’s get started?
Table of Contents
WordPress vs Jimdo vs Squarespace: How popular are they?
WordPress Popularity –
It is an open source content publishing system. Which was created in 2003 through the merger of platforms by developers and entrepreneurs Mike Little and Matt Mullenweg? Each update features powerful features like Mix-and-Match Plugins, Widgets, Static Page, Built-In Theme Installation and Media Management.
Why is it so popular? Is not this just another blurring publication system that only tells you what you write? Okay, we will argue that it is anything, but there is a defect. WordPress is a versatile, super-friendly content management system. It is used not only by Fortune 500 companies such as eBay, GM, and Reuters News. But also used by more than 7.5 million other sites of all sizes and niches.
Jimdo is an all-in-one bundle website solution. It includes easy access, strong website editing tool, hosting, a domain name registration, and an email account. The website made on Jimdo only works on the Jimdo server, and websites created elsewhere cannot be used on Jimdo.
This is imperative how all DIY website builder systems work (such as Squarespace, Weebly, and Wix). With website builders like Jimdo, you can create an attractive and professional website and can work without much work.
Squarespace Popularity –
The website of Squarespace mentions that they have more than one million paying customers. And some successful businesses use their setup. It has definitely become one of the better-recognized Website Builder Tools.
With Squarespace, you do not have to worry about nitty-gritty details such as updates or maintenance. Squarespace handles it all for you, which makes it quite simple. With that being said, Squarespace leaves you high and dry. When it comes to some necessary maintenance functionality like backups. This does not provide any way to back up your entire site, which is a large scale inspection.
WordPress, Jimdo and Squarespace: Which one the best?
It is a content management system that allows users to write content for their website without code. If they know how the code is made. It allows users to have complete control over their website and optimizes it to truly create it.
WordPress has an open-source platform, so anyone can install plugins and themes. Because there are lots of available for use on your site.
WordPress.org is an open source blogging and content management system. Therefore you can download for free and install on a MySQL database and on any server running PHP. Most existing stand-alone web hosting companies make it easy to install WordPress on your hosting accounts.
WordPress has better use of coverage in more website categories. Includes business and industry, arts and entertainment, people and society, shopping and other 22 categories. WordPress is the leader in most countries, including the United States, Japan, Russia, Germany, and 222 other countries.
Major features of WordPress –
Ease of Use – WordPress is the most popular content management system. And part of this wide appeal is probably easy and easy to use for website builder. It is not difficult to run and run a website quickly with WordPress.
Design and Flexibility – With WordPress, you can build any type of website you want: a personal website, a business website, a professional portfolio. You can also make a government website, a magazine or news website, a photoblog, an online community, even a network of websites.
Freedom – WordPress is licensed under the GPL which was designed to protect your freedom. You are free to use WordPress in any way: install it, use it, modify it, distribute it. Software freedom is the foundation on which WordPress is built.
Easy Installation and Upgrades – It has always been easy to install and upgrade. Many web hosts offer one-click WordPress installer that lets you set up WordPress properly, just one click! Or, if you are happy using the FTP program, you can create a database, upload WordPress using FTP, and run the installer.
Extensions & Plugins – WordPress is a feature-rich website development platform that meets all the different requirements you have. A plug-in directory full of plugins extends its features. Use these plugins to increase the features and functionality of your website.
E-commerce capabilities – If you think, use a variety of e-commerce solutions. To create a WordPress website with a fully functional online store such as the most popular shopping or BigCommerce. The plugin WooCommerce is fully open source, therefore, it allows to do more than a Squarespace online store.
SEO optimization – WordPress is known for its built-in SEO platform. WordPress is optimized for search engines just outside of the box. For more streamlined SEO control, there are lots of SEO plugins to look after for you.
Pros of WordPress:
- With the WordPress.com hosted version of Open Source Software. You can run a free or paid website on your server.
- More than 50,000 mostly free and paid plugins are available for WordPress users. These plugins allow you to customize and enhance any WordPress site.
- Many SEO plugins are available to help customize content, meta tags, keyword focus etc.
- E-commerce is popular for WordPress sites. More people are buying things online. More people are selling online. WordPress eCommerce plugins like WooCommerce have played a big role in it
- WordPress is completely free to install on your server. There are many free themes you can use. It comes with 1-click, which contains most hosting plans.
- However, The best tool for high-level blogging.
- The vast developer network and plugin catalogs help you to get the most of any technical requirement.
- It is Flexible and Robust file management.
- This provides the ability to import and export your product data. It manages your tax settings, and sell digital and physical goods.
Cons of WordPress:
- Custom-coding needs to reach full power.
- Domains, hosting, email, each must be purchased separately for different costs.
- Need to manually update WordPress system software and every plugin manually. Incompatibilities with newer versions are common.
In this paragraph, I’m going to discuss on Jimdo. Firstly, Jimdo is a web hosting service, which is owned and operated by Jimdo GmbH. Which allows users to create their own website. Secondly, It provides users a WYSIWYG web authoring tool. So, users do not have to know the HTML language to create a website.
Thirdly, Jimdo is powered by HTML5, comes with modern and professional templates. As a result, It is optimise for both desktop and mobile. Their plans come with lots of storage space and bandwidth, built-in social media tools and many other features.
Jimdo was launchin February 2007 and offers three types of web authoring and hosting services. For instance Jimdo Free, JimdoPro, and Jimdo Business.
Jimdo is the leading leader in Germany, Japan, Russia, France, and 50 other countries. But in any website category, the Jimdo has not got the lead on WordPress. Jimdo is a leader in business and industry, sports, health, career and education, and 5 other categories. But in any country, the Jimdo has not got the lead on WordPress.
Major features of Jimdo –
Ease of Use – Jimdo has an easy-to-use system. That designs users tasks, with an expected deadline and links to related panels where changes can be made. If this walk through is very simple or slow, users can ignore it and click components to edit them directly.
Design and Flexibility – Between the ease of use and control, there is a good balance in the Jimdo, providing users with tabs. Therefore can switch between different designs, e-commerce and SEO options. Click-and-drag editor adds flexibility to the design.
Templates – The templates in Jimdo come in dozens of designs. They can be further customized. Color, theme and background image can all be changed.
Mobile Responsibility – Sites of Jimdo can be an edit to a large extent on mobile devices. This is probably the strongest point of Jimdo. Preview modes are also available for PCs, phones, and tablets. Which have horizontal and vertical view options near Jimdo, allowing minimal changes in templates, and designs to see.
Pricing – Pricing for Jimdo and Squarespace varies. Jimdo has some storage in free options. The first payment level is more cheap with the option to add more storage, SEO and blogs. The top level is an average value with unlimited storage.
Setup – Users can enter Jimdo with Google or Facebook account. As a result, choose from website, store or blog. The website can be made from scratch or based on a few questions by its AI tool. Users also choose their payment plan at this level, after that which they can make their edits.
E-commerce capabilities – Both Jimdo and Squarespace present the basics in e-commerce. Jimdo has both product and order listings, for instance, payments, shipping and taxes, terms and conditions, and SEO. It assigns both Google and Facebook analytics.
Pros of Jimdo:
- This will help you add your domain or move it to the Jimdo completely.
- They provide many forms of customer support. It includes live chat, frequently asked questions, tutorials, and emails.
- Jimdo offers two types of site construction products: Dolphin and Manufacturer. As an AI Web Designer Tool and as a Traditional Website Builder, most needs are met by the Jimdo.
- Easy setup. Help you out by asking about the purpose of your website.
- Pre-defined settings for standard websites, e-commerce stores, and blogs.
- It allows a really user-friendly interface.
- A mobile app for Android and iOS. That allows you to write your blog posts and manage your website on the go.
- Jimdo allows you to launch a new site in minutes.
- It has an SEO and Google ranking tool in the dashboard.
- HTTPS and SSL encryption are include for protection.
Cons of Jimdo:
- Its account is automatically renew. So if you want to cancel, you need to keep track of your subscription.
- There is no meta tag for Free or Pro package.
- The free version is actually for amateurs only, or if you are testing videos. You need to upgrade to remove ads, get your own domain, and get any customer support.
- The most advanced Jimdo scheme only allows for 2 custom domains.
- If you do not meet one with your hosting package, the domain names are expensive.
- No package comes with email accounts – you must rely on a third party such as Google for this service.
Firstly, Squarespace is the best website builder and the dream of a designer is true. This company allows you to personalize the character of your website on the basis of character so that it looks exactly as you want. Therefore you do not have to know the code to take full advantage of Squarespace. All with a new, modern look!
Secondly, You have a simple drag and drop editor. So that you have a WYSIWYG “What You see what you feel when editing your website”. And if you are more experienced in code, you can use your own CSS, markdowns or code injection to add even more customization.
Thirdly, There is better coverage of Squarespace in categories of more websites. Including arts and entertainment, people and society, shopping, food and drinks, and 12 other categories. Squarespace is leading in most countries, including the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia. And 151 other countries.
Major features of Squarespace –
Ease of use – It is also easy to use the system of Squarespace. Meanwhile, it may be difficult to find alternatives for new users with a setup.
Design and flexibility – Squarespace offers a list in the sidebar of a webpage, features like design, e-commerce, marketing, analytics, settings, and help. Each item in this list brings a new list of items or some options to customize. This system is not flexible or smooth, while it is in great depth.
Templates – Squarespace templates come in the list of about 14 categories. There is a wide range of styles within those categories. Many templates are very modern in design with the use of minimal text and clarity.
Mobile accountability – Squarespace also has preview modes for these devices and users. Therefore, You can easily swap between them. Overall, this is a smooth system with great interactivity.
Pricing – Meanwhile, Squarespace starts with average pricing and goes up to high. Therefore, WordPress is probably a better deal here.
E-commerce capabilities – Squarespace has product tracking, payments, and limited analysis. Squarespace allows users to import and export products from other platforms.
Set-up – Squarespace lets users choose a template (from the list of around 14 categories) and requires editing, just need their name, email, and password. Squarespace offers a 14-day trial, and after that, payment is require.
Pros of Squarespace:
- It’s user-friendly, easily customizable, and responsive templates.
- However, It is an easy drag and drops editor.
- It connects and embeds social media accounts and integrates with MailChimp.
- It offers 14-day free trial, no credit card required.
- The designs are very modern, and their simplicity is beautiful. Squarespace is known for some of the good templates in business. They focus on blindly designing and supporting large video and image banners.
- The integration is quite powerful.
- You can jump right in the right direction without creating any code and create a beautiful website. On the other hand, professional developers will find intuitive custom coding tools.
Cons of Squarespace:
- Squarespace accepts payments on your website only via Stripe and PayPal.
- It has No free version.
- Can not export or transfer content to any other Squarespace site.
- There is also an app marketplace lacking in Squarespace. Consequently, the company tries to make the most essential features of the main product. But sometimes you feel that something unique is not available.
Our Final Thought
In this paragraph, I’m going to discuss a few reasons why WordPress is the best CMS. So, here’s the last word: When selection is made between WordPress, Jimdo, and Squarespace. The question should be “What kind of website do I need now”. We mean that if you have minimal requirements than go for Jimdo or Squarespace.
If however, there are big plans for your website, then you go to WordPress.
WordPress is doing something right. So, you do not have to give up too much to test it. As mentioned, WordPress software is free, and most hosting companies have some kind of money back guarantee. Most experienced WordPress users will appreciate the developers on their constant updates and improvements. However, Is it cool that whenever an update is an issue? So, there is a notification page that explains how updates will improve the WordPress experience?
If you think to build a site but, you can not create a website with this website builder. In other words, You have needed a professional Ready made website than Delegate Studio provides a Ready Made WordPress Website. Which includes Top-level Domain, WordPress Managed Hosting, Elementor Pro Website Builder, SSL Certificate, ON Page SEO, Website Installation by expert team, and 24/7 Customer Support.